Hi there! How are we this week? I’m glad to see the sun is shining here on the south coast today, it’s been torrential and I’m soooooo over it. So once I’ve done this blog I shall head out for my walk at the beach and get my steps in for the day.
What I’ve been up to – The Big 40
This week was a big one for my group of oldest friends, the ones I’ve known since I was 7. I’ve written about them many times before but this week the first one of our group hit the big 40! This is it, now that Emma has turned 40 we all follow like dominoes. It feels pretty big, a mixture of excitement and O.M.G.
So on Tuesday we all met at The Ivy in Cobham for a gorgeous brunch in their private dining area. We showered Emma with presents and treats and had a really lovely morning filled with laughs and stories and it was a really nice way to see her into her next decade. I count myself so lucky to have these girls who have known nearly every stage of my life, and me theirs. I have also this week booked my venue for my big birthday too so it’s all getting very real!
What’s been happening at QVC
Our QVC family is growing every day and new faces join us all the time and it’s so nice to get to know all the fabulous new guests. The latest to join the fold is Miranda Holder, a fashion guest who I actually got to present with for her audition, which she passed with flying colours.
She is a stylist to the stars and gets to do really fun stuff like music videos but also works with everyday women like you and me to help get us into the clothes that work best for us. It was such a fun show, Miranda has a great personality and is full of sparkle and great fashion knowledge to share with us all. I hope you will welcome her like we all have in the studios, you can find her on Instagram @mirandaholderldn. My silver animal print dress is from Fashion by Together.
What I’ve been wearing – Together mixed Print Asymmetric Dress
We have had a lot of new pieces in from Fashion by Together so here’s another one to go with the animal print top above. Mixed prints are huge at the moment so this dress is ticking all the trend boxes. Black down one side and a fab contemporary print of orange, white and black down the other. Then there is an asymmetric panel of black and white dots to mix up the prints.
It’s really comfortable but I will say it’s definitely designed for a fuller bust. I am in the 12 but I have pinned the front as I don’t have enough there to fill it!! I could probably have gone down a size, if you are bigger busted though you will be absolutely fine. It’s a poly/elastane blend and machine washable at 30C. It’s designed to look like a wrap dress but it is stitched so you don’t have to worry about it coming undone and flashing the world!
What I’ve been trying at home – 2 sets of Home Reflections Fibre Optic Lights
I am definitely in the festive zone now, Halloween and Fireworks night are all ticked off and I am ready to get twinkly with the lights. This is quite a nice way to start November too. You don’t have to go full Christmas yet but a few strings of lights here and there just makes it feel wintery and lovely. I actually used these string lights for Halloween too amongst the cobwebs that we had down our drive, it looked so good.
However, these are definitely not spooky when they are on their own, I have been playing around with dressing different areas in my home. We have a fireplace but hardly ever use it so I have added pine cones to it and dropped these fibre optic lights amongst them. It makes a nice focal point of the fireplace without having to have it on. They work so well just simply placed over mantlepieces but also in jars and vases.
They would be great for kids’ rooms and night lights and have a timer so they come on and go off every evening at the same time without you having to faff around with them. This also makes them perfect for having up somewhere high like top shelves or pelmets of windows. I have them in the Clear but you can also get them in colour changing which are really fun too.
What’s Coming up at QVC – Today’s Special Value – The KitchenAid Artisan 125 Stand Mixer with Flex Edge Beater.
I have said before how much I would love one of these and I have promised myself when I have a kitchen bigger than my current postage stamp kitchen I will have one of these and it will sit out all year round looking beautiful and helping me to whip up cakes and breads and meringues galore! I don’t think any other mixer comes close in design but also in results.
They are of course a considered purchase but when we have them on offer it’s hard not to be swayed. This offer includes the Artisan 125 Stand Mixer plus 4.8L bowl, 6 wire whip, flat beater, dough hook and Flex edge beater. We will have it in Cream, Black, Grey and Red and it has a 5 year warranty. If ever there is a time to get your KitchenAid it’s now! Launching tonight (Thursday 7th November) at 9pm and it will also be demoed throughout the day tomorrow, I will be on with it at 4pm.
The Elemis Today’s Special Value
Well here it is, the big one, the one so many of you wait for all year. The Elemis Christmas Today’s Special Value. It has already launched online and is flying out the door. The options are Skin Nourishing and Modern English Rose so all you need to do is decide which one is right for you. Keeley has been working overtime to bring you as much info as you need to help you make your choice for your skin or perhaps to get it right for someone else. She has been doing tutorials and Facebook videos on her social media.
Here is what each set contains –
Modern English Rose collection:
- 1 x NEW Pro-Collagen Rose Cleansing Balm (50g) – this cleanser boasts the innovative cleansing formula of the original Cleansing Balm, now formulated with delicate English rose. Works to easily dissolve make-up and daily grime. Luxurious rose and mimosa waxes are infused with elderberry, starflower and Optimega oils, and supercharged with Mediterranean algae and padina pavonica
- 1 x NEW Pro-Collagen Rose Facial Oil (5ml) – this soothing facial oil is formulated with organic English rose oleo extract, padina pavonica and rosehip seed oil, and works to intensely nourishes the skin with moisture, while helping to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
Bath & Body:
- 1 x NEW Modern English Rose Bath & Shower Milk (300ml) – this gentle shower milk blends English rose extract and wild harvested British elderflower hydrolat, working to leave skin feeling soothed with hydration. This rich and luxurious shower milk leaves the skin soft, smoothed and beautifully fragranced after use
- 1 x NEW Modern English Rose Body Cream (100ml) – a gentle body cream blended with English rose and British echium seed oil to leave skin feeling soft and conditioned
- 1 x NEW Modern English Rose Hand & Nail Balm (20ml) – softening and hydrating, this gentle hand balm is blended with English rose and wild-crafted meadowsweet extract to help soothe and soften dry hands
Skin Nourishing collection:
- 1 x Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm (50g) – features a signature blend of geranium, lavender, chamomile, eucalyptus, ho wood, orange, menthol and clove, all blended with the highest-quality wheat germ and oat, starflower and elderberry oils, perfectly fused with mimosa and rose wax
- 1 x Pro-Collagen Marine Facial Oil (5ml) – a luxurious oil formulated to help target visible signs of ageing, and promote a more plump, hydrated and even skin look. Infused with white poppy seed oils and a trio of seaweed extracts, including padina pavonica, golden seaweed and Roaring Water Kelp
Bath & Body:
- 1 x Skin Nourishing Shower Cream (300ml) – a creamy wash to be used in either the shower or bath, which offers a silky texture and a heavenly sweet scent. Enriched with milk proteins, oat extract and camellia oil
- 1 x Skin Nourishing Oil-Rich Body Cream (100ml) – this indulgent body cream hydrates skin and is rich in starflower and camellia tea seed oils, with a blend of organic oat extract, milk protein and vitamin E
- 1 x Skin Nourishing Hand & Nail Lotion (20ml) – formulated to cocoon your hands with a rich layer of moisture, this hand cream is perfect for keeping in your handbag or by your bedside table if your skin is feeling dry or dehydrated. Infused with camellia oil and vitamin E
Both collections contain:
- 1 x Soothing Apricot Toner (200ml) – formulated to effectively tone the look of your skin and help maintain its natural pH level, soothing the feel of your skin without the use of alcohol or other harsh detergents to leave a fresh and radiant-looking complexion. Contains extracts of apricot, quillja wood and sweet betty flower
- 1 x Pro-Collagen Marine Cream (30ml) – an award-winning beauty icon, this gel-cream is designed to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and increase hydration, leaving your skin feeling smoother and improving the look of your complexion. Blended with a cocktail of three seaweeds padina pavonica, porphyridium and chlorella – along with ginkgo biloba and rose and mimosa
I adore the Elemis cleansing balm and would find it difficult to choose which is my favourite! I have also become an advocate for toner. I never really used it before but I am realising how much my skin benefits from using it as I have a dehydrated skin type. So I am really pleased you will be getting the apricot toner in this collection. The other great thing about whichever one you go for is that you can split it easily into two gifts as you get not only the wash bag but also an extra gift box.
This will no doubt be a sell-out as it always is at this time of year so make sure to get yours before it’s gone! While we are talking Elemis please tune in to this week’s Inside QVC Podcast as Will is talking in depth to co-founder Oriele Frank and Elemis skincare expert Kelley Ayden. You can search Inside QVC wherever you get your podcast, ie: iTunes or Spotify etc or listen on the QVC website here.
Right, I said I would go for that walk so I am off to get my trainers on and get my 10K Steps done for today.
Lots of love
PS. As always keep up with my on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Hi Katy, as always I enjoy reading your blogs.I saw you on the 4pm show today and you had on a lovely blue sort of turtle neck jumper .Is it from QVC .?
Enjoy your weekend x